Home Solar System Design & Solar Panel Installation
Home solar systems are a simple way for homeowners to gain energy independence and to control their energy costs. Our team of solar experts at Definitive Construction can help you decide if your home is suitable for a solar panel installation. We can design a custom solar power system specifically for your needs and provide expert installation. We are also qualified to uninstall solar systems.
Contact us for a consultation! We will walk you through everything you need to know about solar. We will provide a free estimate, so you can decide if it is the right choice for you.
Why Add Solar to Your Home?
Solar energy is an endlessly renewable resource that is readily available to provide all the energy needs of your home. A home solar panel system from Definitive delivers a variety of benefits, including:
- Professional installation to ensure maximum efficiency
- Fixed payments with available financing
- No unpredictable energy price increases
- Free energy once the system pays for itself
- Complete energy independence
Steps in Your Solar Panel Installation Project
Once you sign an agreement with us for your solar system design and installation, we follow a simple process that includes the following steps.
- Site assessment and measurement: Using a drone, we take aerial measurements of your rooftop, study the intensity of sunlight on each section, and perform a shade analysis. We also inspect other areas, like your attic, to make sure we understand your rooftop structure. We check your electrical panel to make sure it is capable of handling the extra power generation.
- System engineering and design: This step allows you to obtain a building permit. A certified, licensed professional from our team completes electrical and structural engineering drawings, which are necessary to ensure your home is structurally sound and appropriate for solar.
- Installation: After permitting, we install your new solar system, which takes an average of two days.
- Inspection: After our solar panel installation, we contact your utility company to schedule an inspection for final approval.
- Commissioning and monitoring: After installation of your net meter, we turn on your solar system and connect your monitoring device to track the energy production of your system in real time.
Battery Storage for Home Solar Systems
Many homeowners who add solar panel systems to their homes also opt to include battery storage to ensure energy is always available, even when the sun isn’t shining. Storing your solar energy is a great backup plan when the power goes out, leaving you unable to rely on your local utility to supply energy to supplement your solar panels.
To learn more about how solar storage works and to receive a free estimate for adding batteries to your home’s solar power system, rely on the experts at Definitive Construction. We will happily provide all the information you need to make an informed decision and to start the process.
Solar Power System Batteries FAQ
What Is Battery Storage for a Solar Power System?
When using one or more batteries to store the energy your solar panels generate, you can use it anytime. Tap into the battery power after sunset, during peak energy use times, or during a power outage when your supplemental utility is unavailable.
Do I Have to Add Batteries?
If you want to make the most of your home solar system and ensure an ample supply of energy any time, adding storage is a necessity. If you only want to use solar energy as it is available, while continuing to supplement your energy needs by tapping into your local utility, batteries are not necessary.
Where Are the Batteries Installed?
Solar batteries can go just about anywhere when using proper installation techniques. Typically, we install them inside the home in close proximity to the rest of the solar components.
How Big Are Solar Batteries?
The size of solar batteries depends on the amount of energy you want to store. One of our solar experts will help you make this calculation and select the right size and location for your batteries.
Request a Solar Consultation Today
If you are wondering if solar is the right solution for your home’s energy needs, call us at (801) 252-5124 or submit our online form. A member of the Definitive Construction team will contact you to schedule a consultation.